Popular questions from our customers
Looking for some quick answers to keep your move running smooth? Check out these common questions for additional help along the way.
What should I keep with me on my moving day?
Keep with you anything you or your family will use on the day of your move with you. Common items include snacks, toilet paper, paper towel, phone chargers, a change of clothes, toothbrush/toothpaste, and your kids’ favorite toys. Additionally, medications, important paperwork (e.g., birth certificates and social security cards), and anything highly valuable or sentimental (jewelry, credit cards, bank account information, etc.) should be set aside. On your moving day, place these essential items in a box or bag that you’ll carry with you to your new home.
How do I pick the right mover?
- Create a list of local moving companies you plan to research.
- Get a quote from each mover. Make sure to get moving quotes directly from a company’s official website or phone number. Working with movers directly cuts out any middlemen and will result in the lowest price.
- Get a feel for each moving company’s reputation by reading reviews from real customers.
- Ask whether each company is licensed and how they’re insured.
- Determine how each mover’s schedule works. Is your delivery date guaranteed? Will the same person who loads up your belongings transport and unload them as well?
- Make sure you’re comfortable with how each mover charges, their cancellation policy, and whether or not a deposit is required.
- Choose whichever company best fits your move; everyone’s needs are different.
When do I need an in-home moving estimate?
Generally, moving companies can give you an estimate over the phone. In some cases, movers may need to visit your home in person to give you an accurate quote. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may need an in-home estimate:
- Is your home 1,500 square feet or larger?
- Do you have any large or bulky items (e.g., safes or pianos) that may be difficult to move safely and securely?
- Does your home have any narrow hallways, doorways, or stairways that furniture cannot fit through?
- Will movers have difficulty parking a 26 ft. truck close to your home?
- Are you moving out of state?
Got a question? Ask from our team members!
Get a response in 48 hours